Our in-house Peer Support Facilitator Training Programme compliments the Intentional Peer Support system, our programme is tailored it for the NZ context. Our programme features can easily be customised for particular groups as it teaches transferable skills that are applicable to many different communities.
- Outlines philosophy and practice of peer support.
- Promotes leadership and further learning.
- Supports development of self-esteem.
- Open to all backgrounds.
Practices Tikanga Maori and engages with the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Practices Tikanga Maori and engages with the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Develops understanding NZ Health and Safety and Human Rights legislation.
- Offers practical life skills for problem solving, positive relationship development and goal setting.
- Promotes good practice in all peer support interaction.
- Develops the skills and power of empathy.