Better Blokes uses 24 topics as a framework to develop peer support relationships. These topics have been chosen to help the peers to explore the issues and feelings that arise and are common to men who have experienced sexual abuse.
- Embodied in these 24 topics is a distillation of peer support work over the last 80 years both national and international.
- Providing guidance and prompting for group process and individual transformation.
- Dedicated to developing safe circles for men – people choosing to move closer to freedom from their shadows.
- Founded on “power with” and “I am OK” principles – encouraging change from within. Leading to less reactive behaviours, more peaceful, caring relationships with our children, partners, families, friends and colleagues.
- Encouraged by the growth in awareness of all types of abuse to human beings.
- Enabled by a groundswell of support for Better Blokes work in Northland and Auckland.
- Designed to meet the demand for trained facilitators who can work with peer support groups in all communities.