Sexual dysfunction is any physical or psychological problem that prevents you or your partner from getting sexual satisfaction. Male sexual dysfunction is a common health problem affecting men of all ages, but is more common with increasing age. Treatment can often help men suffering from sexual dysfunction.Male Sexual Dysfunction (clevelandclinic.org)
Psychological causes might include:
- Concern about sexual performance.
- Marital or relationship problems.
- Depression, feelings of guilt.
- Effects of past sexual trauma.
- Work-related stress and anxiety.
Physical causes of overall sexual dysfunction may be:
- Low testosterone levels.
- Prescription drugs (antidepressants, high blood pressure medicine).
- Blood vessel disorders such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and high blood pressure.
- Stroke or nerve damage from diabetes or surgery.
- Alcoholism and drug abuse.