The organisation involves its clients and stakeholders in planning, implementation, and evaluation at all levels of the service to ensure services are current and responsive.
Evidence may include:
- policies and procedures relating to client participation in service development and review
- policies that support the rights of clients; for example, unimpeded access to personal items
- recognition of clients’ views in governance and strategic planning
- client participation in organisational decision-making, such as recruitment or through sub-committee activities
- client participation in targeted evaluations and continuous improvement activities
- client engagement in planning and programming decisions
- choice of activities, programmes or individual package options, such as choice of key worker and development of personal goals
- training, education and staff development
- programme responsiveness to needs and trends of clients
- family/whānau engagement in the above processes, where applicable.