The organisation provides services that recognise and respect clients’ ethnic, cultural and spiritual values and beliefs.
The organisation will have a policy and procedure in place to ensure work with clients is carried out in a culturally competent manner.
Evidence the organisation ensures services are culturally appropriate may be found in:
• cultural diversity in client data
• cultural diversity of staffing
• cultural training and supervision provided to staff
• consultations with cultural group(s)
• the use of cultural networks, and advocacy and interest groups
• the translation of documents and records
• documentation relating to the use of cultural advocates
• data on ethnicity used to design and deliver appropriate programmes