1. People who seek psychotherapy are weak, mentally ill, or crazy.
2. Therapists sit behind desks taking notes while you lie on a couch.
3. Psychotherapists and clients become best friends.
4. Psychotherapy is mostly just talk.
5. Psychotherapists have ready-made solutions for all of life’s problems.
6. Psychotherapists blame a client’s problem on their upbringing.
7. Psychotherapists can prescribe medication.
8. Psychotherapy can solve problems in one or two sessions.
9. Psychotherapists believe that personality is cemented by age 5.
10. Psychotherapists make clients feel immediately better after each session.