Newshub: Govt announces $320m package to fight family and sexual violence.
The Government has announced what it’s calling the biggest-ever investment in family and sexual violence and support services.
This year’s Budget will include a $320 million package aimed at:
- “preventing family violence and sexual violence ($47.8 million over four years)”
- “safe, consistent and effective responses to family violence in every community ($84.3 million)”
- “expanding essential specialist sexual violence services: moving towards fully funding services ($131.1 million)”
- “reforming the criminal justice system to better respond to victims of sexual violence ($37.8 million)”
- And “strengthening system leadership and supporting new ways of working ($20.0 million)”.