The Foundation supports charitable organisations whose work fulfils one or more of the following purposes:
- To assist in the promotion of financial literacy
- To provide opportunities for all New Zealanders to achieve economic and social independence
- To provide access to learning opportunities that prepare people for meaningful work and a high quality of life
- To assist people working together to create viable and secure communities
- To assist communities to conserve New Zealand’s natural and historic resources.
- A maximum of $25,000 can be requested by each charity per funding round
Examples of initiatives and projects we have funded
Please refer to our website for examples and details of organisations/initiatives we have funded.
Here are some examples:
- Educational initiatives such as training programmes, workshops or mentoring for youth, disabled persons, etc
- Social support services such as therapy or counselling for victims of sexual abuse or trauma
- Equipment for sustainable community projects such as gardens or skills development projects
- Volunteering projects and community development initiatives.